Friday, September 18, 2009

Recent Julia-isms & Gracie-isms

Julia has really started talking a lot over the last couple of months. She's really starting to communicate well and can tell us pretty much whatever she wants to tell us. And she loves to imitate her big sisters. If they say they're cold, she'll say "I feezin, momma", or something will fall and she'll say "Ohhh Noo, Momma". She likes to tag along, so she's always asking "I with you, Momma?" (Yes, she does add "momma" to the end of almost every sentence, so I've been hearing that word A LOT... )

Her new favorite sentence is "I on't ike is" (translation I don't like this...).
She likes the color purple apparently because everything she sees is purple... She'll say "Car... purple?" Me: No, that car is red; Julia "That's right, red"

She's also started saying "licious" (as in delicious) about things. She doesn't say this quite as much as "I on't ike is", but she does say it some... She's doing gymnastics this year along with Gracie, and is excited for her class. All during Gracie's class, she asks me "I turn?" (Of course as soon as it IS her turn, she freezes up and doesn't want to do what she's supposed to. She loves jumping on the trampoline and climbing the ladder, but as soon as the teacher tries to show her how to do a forward roll, she either throws a fit, or else closes her eyes and feigns deafness). I'm hoping she grows out of it and realizes that it's fun to do the other things too...


Here's Gracie's monkey "Hang-y". She goes everywhere with us, and Gracie has various names for her. She calls her "Monka-monk" or "Monkey"

Some of her other sayings
"You're a fine lookin fella!" (Which started out as her saying it to herself in the mirror, but we laughed enough, that she now says it randomly to stuffed animals & people)
"Don't step on a crack or your mother will crack!!"
"When I'm a grown up ...I'll have 5 kids
...I'll tell my kids whatever they want to know
...I'll buy my kids everything they want
...I'll work at Walmart!"
She comes up with things fairly regularly of what will happen when she's a grown up. She's a fun girl and there's always something interesting coming out of her mouth. We're always interested to see what she says next.

1 comment:

Jan Fanning said...

Very fun post! What cute girls! I'm counting the days until I can hear their "isms" for myself!