Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The mixed-knowledge of a big sister

I like to listen to the conversations that Chloe & Gracie have in the backseat of the van.  They're always fairly interesting and funny.  The most interesting are to hear Chloe explain things to Gracie.  It's fun to hear her interpretation of Bible stories, science facts, etc as she explains them to her sister.  

The other day, we drove past a cemetery, and Chloe informed Gracie (in a very ominous tone)... "Gracie, that's where people died.  All those rocks out there show where the person died"  So, Gracie a few days later was informing me of this fact, and continued to expand on Chloe's lesson by telling me it was scary and adding that animals that died were there too.  Later when I told Ben, he asked if I corrected them, and I told him... "No, I just laughed."   We'll see what kind of crazy things our girls think in the future (Ben thought for a long time (when he was a kid) that milk with ice in it was poisonous... he was at a friend's house when his friend's mom put ice in his milk and Ben jumped up from the table, offended that she was trying to poison him.  It was then that he suddenly realized this wasn't true...)

3 comments:

Jan Fanning said...

Cute story!

M Wilson said...

Chloe,
I miss my cousin! I played my first basketball game today and we won!! I love the webkins you gave me! I accidentally made a girl go out of bounds I didn't know that was a good move in basketball so my team said yea! Maycee! and I had no clue that I did good!! But I did good!! I love you cousin!!

M Wilson said...

Maycee and me are getting excited because ya'll will be here soon!! I can't wait to meet Julia!! Maycee is makin sure that presents are in order!! She asked Grandma did she get Chloe, Gracie and Julia and Aunt Emily and Uncle Ben there gifts!! She has made sure to give her own gifts to everyone and made sure that I had all my gifts to my nieces and she told me that I had to give seperate gifts to ya'll.They couldn't be combined had to be seperate gifts to each of you!! So I did that!! She wants to make sure that everyone has a gift from her, her mommy, and her grandparents!! It is quite funny how she wants everything perfect and happy!! She was upset when she found out it was just for 2 days!! She wanted more time to play with her cousins!! We explained to her that she should be grateful for the time she had and that it was difficult and very far trip for ya'll!! Can't wait to see you!! Love ya'll and take care!!